At Shawnee St. Paul’s, it is important to us that children, youth, and vulnerable adults are able to grow in their faith in a safe church environment. In order to ensure this loving and protective community for our most vulnerable members, we encourage our congregation members to participate in Safe Sanctuaries training.
Staff, small group leaders, nursery attendants, sponsors, and teachers are all required to participate in Safe Sanctuaries training and pass a background check every two years.
By selecting the link below, you will be taken to a series of 10 training videos created and provided by Discipleship Ministries of the United Methodist Church. Following the viewing of these videos, you will be asked to read over our leader guidelines, Shawnee St. Paul’s Safe Sanctuaries policies and guidelines, read and agree to our leader covenant, complete and submit a background check authorization form to the church office or the Pastor.
- View the 10 training videos on the Discipleship Ministries of the United Methodist Church YouTube channel. Click HERE
- Best Practices (5:07)
- Background Checks (8:51)
- Policies, Guidelines, Procedures (12:44)
- Training Leaders (8:21)
- Protecting Vulnerable Adults (10:40)
- Mandatory Reporting (6:07)
- Registered Sex Offenders (5:59)
- Healthy Social Media Guidelines (11:57)
- Offsite Considerations (7:59)
- Living into the Covenant (5:36)
- Read the Oklahoma Annual Conference Leader Guidelines
- Read the Shawnee St. Paul’s Safe Sanctuaries Policies and Guidelines
- Read and sign the Leader Covenant
- Contact the church office to submit your completed Background Check Authorization form. This can be dropped off in person or emailed to the pastor directly.