Church, as we welcome Lent, spring, and the beauties of this Good Earth, this year we face a new challenge!
We have a Pandemic Viral Infection to challenge our intelligence and ability to cope. But we can rise to the occasion by making positive changes in our personal environment and our world.
We plan to continue to meet as a church and your cooperation will be necessary for this to happen.
Things to expect:
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer as you enter the church.
- You need to cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. Use your elbow or tissues.
- Please make certain you have personal tissues in your pockets or handbags should you need them.
- If you’re planning to use a specific room or area of the church, look around and you will find disinfectant available to wipe down all obvious surfaces and trash receptacles for any trash. This makes it safe for the next group who will share this space. Practice good hospitality.
- As you prepare to leave the church, use the hand disinfectant once again, to prevent the spread of any virus or bacteria you may have picked up knowingly and unknowingly.
- We reemphasize the importance of effective hand washing after using the restroom. Please use warm water, soap, and wash well while you sing “Jesus Loves Me.” This gives you plenty of time to scrub away bacteria.
- You may use paper towels on door handles or to open bathroom doors after washing your hands.
- When you get home, disinfect any books, purses, etc. you brought out in public.
- Lastly, we encourage greeting others with smiles, kind words, and nods, rather than handshakes, hugs, or even fist bumps.
With patience, a positive outlook, and determination, we will do our part for our world, our church, and each other.
Paulette Conley, Church Member and Nurse